United States: Episode 21: What Happens When A U.S. Green Card Holder Is Stuck Abroad
To print this article, simply register or connect to Mondaq.com.
Almost a year after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and many US green card holders face a difficult dilemma: risk losing their permanent resident status (and their green card) or defying travel restrictions. and put their health and that of others at risk. There are options for re-entering the United States in order to retain permanent resident status, of course with many considerations for specific situations.
Klasko’s employment attorneys Bill Stock and Oliver Yang discuss options and factors to consider:
- Can a green card holder re-enter the United States after spending more than a year abroad?
- Can you lose your permanent resident status?
- What can green card holders expect at a point of entry into the United States?
- When to consult an immigration lawyer?
- Can the airline prevent you from boarding the plane to the United States?
- What is an SB-1 visa and how difficult is it to obtain?
The speakers in this episode are:
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR POSTS ON: United States Immigration