ेस काशनीPRESS RELEASE
रज़व ब क
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
, क ीयकायार्लय, ??.??.??.??, ??, ??-400001
Website : www.rbi.org.in
Department of Communication, Central Office, SBSMarg, Fort, Mumbai-400001
??–??/E-mail : [email protected]
??/ Phone: 022- 22660502
December 31, 2021
Sector Deployment of Bank Credit – November 2021
Bank credit sector deployment data collected from 33 selected commercial banks, representing approximately 90 percent of total non-food credit deployed by all scheduled commercial banks, for the month of November 2021, is presented in Statements I and II.
On an annual basis (year-on-year), non-food bank credit1 growth improved to 7.1% in November 2021 from 5.9% in November 2020.
The highlights of the sectoral deployment of bank credit are presented below:
- Credit to agriculture and related activities remained strong at
- % in November 2021 compared to 7.0% in November 2020.
- Credit growth to industry increased 3.8% in November 2021 compared to
- percent in November 2020. In terms of size, credit to medium-sized industries recorded robust growth of 48.7% in November 2021, compared to 25.7% last year. Credit to micro and small industries accelerated to 12.7% in November 2021, down from 0.6% a year ago. Credit to large industries in November 2021 remained broadly at the same level as last year.
- Within industry, the growth of credit to “all engineering”, “beverages and tobacco”, “chemicals and chemicals”, “infrastructure”, “mining and quarrying”, “plastic rubber and their products” and “textiles” accelerated in November 2021 compared to the corresponding month of the previous year. However, the growth in credit to “base metals and metal products”, “cement and cement products”, “construction”, “food industry”, “precious stones and jewelry”, “glass and glassware”, “leather and products” leather ”,“ paper & paper products ”,“ petroleum, coal products and nuclear fuels ”,“ vehicles, vehicle parts and transport equipment ”and“ wood and wood products ”have decelerated / contracted.
- Credit growth to the service sector grew 3.6% in November 2021 compared to 8.2% a year ago.
- Personal loans continued to grow at double-digit rates and grew by
- percent in November 2021 vis à vis 9.2% in November 2020, mainly thanks to “durable consumer goods” and “vehicle loans”.
Press release: 2021-2022 / 1457
1 Non-food credit data is based on the section – 42 reporting, which covers all scheduled commercial banks (SCBs).
Reserve Bank of India published this content on December 31, 2021 and is solely responsible for the information it contains. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on December 31, 2021 10:46:04 AM UTC.
Public now 2021