Recently, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) changed the rules regarding the use of credit cards on UPI platforms in India. Now, users will be able to add their credit cards (including Rupay credit cards) on UPI platforms to perform different transactions. Google Pay is one of the digital wallet platforms available in India and is very popular among its users for smooth transactions.
Under RBI’s new rule, UPI transactions made by credit card will be as easy as debit cards. Prior to this rule, UPI transactions were made by linking savings/checking accounts through a user’s debit cards. However, some limitations are present on the use of credit card on UPI.
Users can use their credit cards to pay bills for basic amenities like electricity, mobile number recharge, water bills, etc. This means that users cannot transfer money to other users or pay in stores.
How to link your credit cards on Google Pay to make payments:
- Open the menu on your smartphone and select Google Pay.
- After opening Google Pay, tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Bank Account option.
- From the menu, choose “Add a credit or debit card”.
- There are several options for adding a credit card to Google Pay. You can either scan your credit card or prefer the manual process of entering details.
- Enter your billing address and mobile phone number for verification purposes. After that, you are ready to make payment by credit card.
- Now make payments through your linked credit card.
In terms of payments, the UPI platform has performed very well in India. According to RBI, in May 2022 alone, there were around 594 crore transactions through UPI. This resulted in the processing of Rs 10.4 lakh crore through UPI. The addition of credit cards to the UPI platform should give a boost to the banking system.
Also Read: Global Server Market Revenue Growth of 17% Expected…